Urgent update to notice of AAGM due to Covid19 restrictions.
UNISON HULL CITY BRANCH – AGGREGATE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS – 2021
This is notice that you are invited to attend one of the Aggregate Annual General Meetings of Hull City Branch of UNISON. Please note this is a change from a physical meeting to an online format due to COVID19 restrictions using Zoom.
The meetings are to be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday 16 March 2020 at 12 noon to 1.00pm
- Thursday 18 March 2020 at 6.00pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 23 March 2020 at 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Thursday 25 March 2020 at 12.30pm to 1.30pm
Please note: You will need to register in advance of the meeting, the registration link for each of the meetings is different, you need to register by 3pm on the day before the meeting you are going to attend in order to allow for membership checks to take place.
https://bit.ly/3poizhH 16th March
(Register on this link by 3pm 15th March)
https://bit.ly/2YhOtAy 18th March
(Register on this link by 3pm 17th March)
https://bit.ly/39rKtEl 23RD March
(Register on this link by 3pm 22nd March)
https://bit.ly/2Yjsutc 25th March
(Register on this link by 3pm 24th March)
Upon completion of registration you will be sent a link for the meeting and documentation.
If you have received this to your work email as that is what we have as your contact please follow your employers policy on use of IT equipment and forums, some employers do not allow the use of zoom etc so please use your own devices to access the meetings where this is the case.
- Nomination forms for Branch Officer/Convenors/Steward posts are available at the Branch Office or on the Branch Web Site and must be returned to the Branch Office by 00 pm on Tuesday 26 January 2020. Elections for these posts will be by a ballot paper at the AAGM.s. (this has now closed)
- Motions/Rule Changes must be returned to the Branch Office by 00 pm on Tuesday 26 January 2020 and will be published on the branch web site. (this has now closed)
- Details of any proposed motion/rule changes will be notified to members via the branch web site and any amendments to be received at the Branch Office by 00 pm on Tuesday 23 February 2020.
- The final agenda and any motions for debate and proposed rule changes together with any amendments shall be published to all members on the branch web site no later than 00 pm on Tuesday 2 March 2020 and papers will be circulated at the AAGM’s.
Please circulate within your workplace and display on your notice boards.
There was to be refreshments and a free raffle for every member attending, the raffle would have been drawn at the end of each meeting. Please note as Covid19 restrictions has changed how we can meet the raffle and refreshments at the AAGM will not be available, we will look at an alternative event including raffle for members at a later date when restrictions allow.
The following positions for Branch Officers, Representatives, Health and Safety Representative, Learner Representative and Convenors (1 general post 37 hrs, 1 female post 37 hrs and 1 general post 18.5 hrs) are up for election:
|a) Chairperson||h) Education Co-Ordinator||o) Equality Officer|
|b) Vice Chairperson||i) Sports and Social Secretary||p) Health and Safety Officer|
|c) Branch Secretary||j) Life-Long Learning Co-Ordinator||q) Welfare Officer|
|d) Deputy Branch Secretary||k) Young Members Officer||r) Auditors (2 posts)|
|e) Branch Treasurer||l) Communications Officer||s) Convenor (General Post 37 hrs & 18.5 hrs Post|
|f) Membership Officer||m) International Officer||t) Convenor (Female Post 37 hrs)|
|g) Women’s Officer||n) Equality Officer|
- Labour Link Officer and b) Retired Members Secretary will be elected by their relevant membership.
Please note the nominating period for the above positions is now closed, the deadline for nominations was 26th January 2021, the details of the nomination’s received will be confirmed in the meeting.
The Branch is keen that all members should be able to attend one of the AAG Meetings, if you would like further information, including discussing issues of access to the AAGM via Zoom/online link then please contact us to see if we are able to explore an alternative that fits within the current restrictions such as dial in via telephone.
This is new and different for us all but I look forward to welcoming you at our AAGM.