Aggregate Annual General Meetings 2020
Tuesday 10 March 2020 from 12.00 noon till 1.00 pm
Wednesday 11 March 2020 from 4.30 pm till 5.30 pm
Tuesday 17 March 2020 from 12.30 to 1.30 pm
Thursday 19 March 2020 from 7.30 to 8.30 pm
- Welcome by the Chair and introduction to the top table.
- Minutes of the AAGM meetings held: i) AAGM 12, 14 (2 meetings held), 19 & 21 (2 meetings held March 2019 (Meetings Inquorate)
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Election or Confirmation of Branch Officers as follows:
a) Chairperson (Andy Stankard/Amanda Eastwood Job Share)
b) Vice Chairperson.
c) Branch Secretary
d) Deputy Branch Secretary
e). Branch Treasurer.
f) Membership Officer.
g) Education Co-Ordinator.
h) Sports & Social Secretary.
i) Life-Long Learning Co-Ordinator
j) Young Members Officer.
k) Communications Officer.
l) International Officer.
m) Equality Officer.
n) Health & Safety Officer (Andy Stankard/Craig Barlow Job Share)
o) Welfare Officer.
p) Auditors (2)a) Labour Link Officer and b) Retired Members Secretary will be elected by their relevant membership.
- Election or Confirmation of Convenors (1 general post 37 hrs) (1 female post 37 hours) and (1 general post 18.5 hours).
- Ratification of Stewards/Health and Safety Representatives and Learner Representatives.
- Annual Report.
- Financial Report.
- Branch Rules – To consider proposed changes to the Branch Rules.
- Branch Development – Aims and Objectives 2020/21.
- Nomination forms for Branch Officer/Convenors/Steward posts are available at the Branch Office or download from this page of the branch website and must be returned to the Branch Office by 4.00 pm Tuesday 11 February 2020. Elections for these posts will be by a ballot paper at the AAGMs.
- Motions/Rule Changes must be returned to the Branch Office by 4.00 pm Friday 7 February 2020 and will be published on the branch website.
- Details of any proposed motion/rule changes will be notified to members via the branch website and any amendments to be received at the Branch Office by 4.00 pm Friday 14 February 2020.
- The final agenda and any motions for debate and proposed rule changes together with any amendments shall be published to all members on the branch website no later than 4.00 pm Monday 24 February 2020 and papers will be circulated at the AAGMs.
There will be refreshments and a buffet from 11.30 am 10 March 2020 and 4.00 pm 11 March 2020 on 12.00 noon 17 March 2020 on 7.00 pm 19 March 2020. There is also a free raffle for every member attending which will be drawn at the end of each meeting.
The following positions for Branch Officers, Representatives, Health and Safety Representative, Learner Representative and Convenors (1 general post 37 hrs, 1 female post 37 hrs and 1 general post 18.5 hrs) are up for election:
Deputy Branch Secretary
Sports and Social Secretary
Life-Long Learning Co-Ordinator
Young Members Officer
Health and Safety Officer
Auditors (2 posts)
Convenor (General post 37 hrs & 18.5 hrs post)
Convenor (Female post 37 hrs)
a) Labour Link Officer and b) Retired Members Secretary will be elected by their relevant membership.
ALL BRANCH OFFICERS POSTS ARE OPEN FOR JOB SHARE BUT THE BRANCH SECRETARY AND TREASURER
CANNOT HOLD BOTH POSITIONS.
The Branch is keen that all members should be able to attend one of the AAG Meetings, if you would like further information, including details of disabled access and provision for dependent care, please contact me at the Branch Office.